This question has been on my mind for a while. I have drawn up plans of various sizes of different floor plan I would like. I have walked through friends' houses and thought, I really like that or I would never want that or I WANT THAT NOW! So here a list of the things I would change about our current house or rather things I want in a new house... Dream House!
- I want a house that is newer (our current house was built in 1954) preferably one built after 1990.
- I want the roof to NEVER leak. (current roof leaks, there are about 5 buckets in various places in my laundry room to catch drips)
- I want everyone to have their own rooms (the boys share right now)
- I want a craft room (A place that I can leave projects out and not have them disturbed, a place that I can close the door and forget until I am ready to pick said project up again, a place for everything and a everything in it's place, a place hubby will not complain about all the supplies being in the way... I really want this, probably more then the never leaking roof)
- A walk-in closet. (I currently have about 2 feet of closet space, Yes, 2 FEET!)
- I want my own bathroom. (A bathroom for me and me alone, I might consider sharing with Ron but not unless I have to. I want to decorate it super girly chic in black, pink and silver)
- I want stairs. (They are fun to decorate for holidays)
- I want to move where there are better schools for my kids. (current schools are well... maybe you should read Amy's answer, mine is pretty much the same.)
- I want more counter space in the kitchen
- I want a bigger fridge (Side by side, can't fit one in current house)
- More plugs
- I want crown molding, rounded corners, smooth (no texture) walls and ceilings
- I do not want hard wood floors
- I want nice quality carpet throughout the home
- I want a larger yard (We have a decent size yard but I would love to be able to do more landscaping and have a fun little pathway through a beautiful garden, a gazebo, benches, trailing roses over an arch... I have also done the landscape design for all my various house designs including our current house)
- I want new furniture but doesn't everyone? ( I will include pictures of furniture that I have picked out and am currently saving up for at the end of this post.)
- I want a drive way with out a huge dip at the end where it meets the gutter/road.
Ok, now that all the negative things are out of the way, let me note the things I want to keep...
- My neighbors and ward family! (kind of hard to keep when I want different schools. Think I could talk everyone into moving with me?)
- For as small as our house is, it has TONS of storage. I have a huge closet/pantry in the kitchen and another in the laundry room, the cupboards in our kitchen hold everything, there are three outside storage areas, plus the shop out back, The boys have an entire wall of closets with shelves in their room. I am glad who ever designed this house they planned for lots of storage.
- We replaced all the windows and I really like the windows.
- A track (our house has a great track you can walk through the kitchen into the dinning room/family room in the hall and back to the kitchen. The traffic flow works well with our family plus you can totally avoid the kitchen area if needed. That was kind of hard to describe sorry)
- I love the built in bookshelves.
- I like that my dishwasher and microwave are hidden inside a cabinet. I can close the doors and never look at them.
- I love my stove. I have a gas stove, Love it.
- The view of the mountains out my front door and windows.
- I love being 5 minutes from the library, hospital, school, several parks, grocery stores, dollar store, fast food of any kind.
- We are also equal distance from two temples, Provo and Timpanogos. (About a 15 min drive)
- Most of our family is here in Utah County, most being within a 1/2 hour drive away.
- House payment is small and very manageable (This is the main reason why we stay where we are. Amy, I too have a fear of the unknown future. I like being able to make all my payments on time regardless of unknown disasters that have happened in our lives. Ron being out of work for 3 months and we made it on our own!)
We will move some day, hopefully sooner rather then later. It will be hard to move out of this wonderful ward that has welcomed us and befriended all of us. My kids have friends close by, I have several friends close by. (Something that I had never had before moving here) I love this place, now if I could just find a house I could love here too.





3 comments:
Candace we must have had the same contractor! haha :-) And we think a lot alike with almost all that stuff! Maybe someday....when the kids are gone...that's where our money goes anyway! :0)haha
glad to see you post again!
my house: i'd love another bedroom. currently prego and in a 2 bedroom house w/ two kids.
but
the front bathroom shower can fit a pac-n-play very nicely inside of it. i don't lose the bathroom (aside from the shower we never use anyway), it's pitch black and i can turn the fan on for "white noise". it works out great.
it could definitely be worse!
You forgot your picture of your furniture. :) The location and more so the friends/neighbors was the worst thing about moving for me anyway. I still don't feel like I am part of it here. Then next would be the loss of our large yard... but I do like our bigger house. I still sometimes think in the back of my head, we still have that house... we could move back and remodel. lol I do miss everyone on that side of the lake as do my kids.
Post a Comment