CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cameron's 5th Birthday!

Happy Birthday my little monkey!

Cameron just turned 5 years old. We all had a lot of fun for his special day. He got to go to school and hang out treats that he picked out the night before (a first that he was really excited for). His teacher gave him a birthday crown that he wore most of the day. Ron, Breanna, and I took him for lunch at the restaurant of his choosing. He chose to go to "Great China". It is a Chinese buffet that he loves. He had a huge plate of chicken that he loved dipping in Lemon sauce.

Can I just take a moment and say how happy and thankful I am that I don't have extremely picky eaters. I am so grateful for the fact that we get to eat at pretty much any where and not hear complaints. There is almost always something that the kids will eat on any given menu. I can go through a drive through and order hamburgers and not have to make any special requests other then maybe no pickles (myself included on that special order) and if by chance they mess up that simple request, that my wonderful children just pick it off and eat it anyway! There are never any melt downs, tantrums, fits or all out screaming when we go out to a restaurant.

After lunch we picked Burton up from school and took the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese (Cameron's favorite place in the entire world). We all played and had fun. We were counting our tickets up and Burton suggested that we let Cameron pick out a BIG prize with all the tickets that we have been hording for the past year. Burton was so cute with him. He took him over to the counter and helped him pick it out. Cameron got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy. There was even a bunch of tickets left over that Burton was able to get a game (a reward for being so selfless)!

We went home and got ready for all the family that we had planned on having over. We baked a cake and decorated it. Took some time to relax before the crowd came.

Party Time... Oh well not quite the crowd that we usually have. Most everyone was busy. It was a bad night to plan it but Cameron still had a good time. Grandma Great's present was a hit! She brought over balloons with money inside. Julie brought him a dinosaur... Scared him and made him cry at first. Then he found out how cool it was and played with it all night. We got him a bunch of stuff like a new train for his Thomas the Tank set, some sandbox toys, airplanes, snakes, lizards... etc. The kid made a pretty good haul!

3 comments:

Karla said...

Sounds so fun. Kids love to have a birthday during school don't they! I have a summer birthday and never got that when I was in school. I remember envying those with school time birthdays. Glad he had a fabulous birthday. Miss ya!

Jamie said...

way to go birthday boy. the baloon money sounds so fun. great gift idea. I can't believe he's 5 already. My son in law is growing up! one year closer to being able to take care of my Rachel!

Cheri said...

Cute!!!!!

My grandkids are indeed wonderful....not that I'm biased or anything!